Technical Issue!

AsperJosh has suffered a heavy impact. Every picture on every post before the Africa one has been lost due to an album online becoming corrupted.
I have almost every picture stored across 2 laptops and will slowly begin to re-upload them to my posts over a long period of time!
I will be starting from latest posts and work backwards to re-upload the pictures.
Thank you for understanding!
Joshua :'(

UPDATE - Fixed Posts
I HAVE FIXED ALL 2016 POSTS SO FAR!!!

2015 posts fixed so far:
- Tough Mudder 2015 - MCM Expo 2012 + Past Experiences - Telling People, I Have Aspergers - 5CPS - Marvel Phase Three - Attack On Titan - MCM Oct 2015 - Interstellar - Star Wars VII - Star Wars Original Trilogy - Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - Star Wars Battlefront - The Fault In Our Stars - Chronicle - Evans Night Out + Winter Wonderland 2015 -

2014 posts fixed so far:
- A Year's Progression At The Gym - 5CPS - The Land Before Time - X-Men Premier - X-Men DOFP - Halloween 2015 - Online Dating - Macbook Pro -

House MD, 3 Years Driving currently in progress.
More to be mended

Thursday 10 July 2014

Ellie Goulding LIVE, March 2014 (My 3rd Concert)

 3rd time was indeed the charm as I was graced with beauty and authentic happiness seeing Ellie Goulding back in March 2014 who sung pitch perfect and sounded exactly the same as she does every time I hear her through my earphones (same goes when I saw Rihanna and Owl City too).

For my 3rd live concert, I found on my Ticketmaster list back in August 2012 that Ellie Goulding was coming to London in March 2014 and I fancied myself 2 tickets to go and watch her after I spent most of the summer listening to both of her deluxe albums Bright Lights and Halcyon before the re-release of Halcyon Days. Now the only question was "Who to take with me?" Seeing as the discovery of the upcoming event was the night after spending a lovely day out with my mum's side of the family which included 13 grand-children including me and my sister, I thought why not include one of my teenage female cousins (which soon turned into 2 as I bought myself 3 tickets again after purchasing 2 originally off Stubhub then reselling them).

Anyway, the day finally came and me and my 2 cousins, Megan and Kirsty all headed up for a pleasant day in London to sit around relaxing until the event at 6.00pm. We ended up in St. James's Park to pass the time, catch up and just sit down on the grass during the crowded afternoon.

Later we made our way to the 02 Arena, of course I bought myself an Ellie Goulding Tour t-shirt and a wrist band (the girls did too) as you may have guessed.

We witnessed a girl called Chloe Howl open up the show and played really well and she admitted she tours with Ellie quite a lot and always enjoys performing and getting the crowd all ready before Ellie takes the stage.

Ellie Goulding - Figure 8 (Opening) (Song starts at 1.35)
When Ellie began, oh my god it was sensational and perfect with lighting storms everywhere during the long intro because the screen layout was all Diamond shapes all connected like a Polaroid kind of art-style (some were bigger than the other) and when she opened up the show with Figure 8... it was amazing and hearing how loud all the screaming went on for showed just how thrilled the fans were including me, Kirsty and Meg.

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed 

It made me proud that Ellie played almost every song from both of her albums and played many iconic singles such as "Starry Eyed", "Guns and Horses", "Goodness Gracious", "Your Song", "Anything Could Happen", "I Need Your Love" etc. Setlist is here.
The video certainly made my eyebrows raise up in astonishment thanks to how the pink and blue space and time surfing display was so dazzling and looked more of a sci-fi effect to me like making the jump to lightspeed.
Ellie Goulding - Guns and Horses
When she played "Guns and Horses" it was really special that she played the acoustic version using what I presumed was the same guitar from the actual song and is seen in the actual music video. That's gotta be something special for any song thanks to how that instrument really did help create something brilliant.

Ellie Goulding - Your Song (Elton John cover)
This was one of the first songs I ever heard from her along with "Starry Eyed" which was the 1st one, after learning she covered this from Elton John and I compared the 2. I see that both are beautiful but I can't help but love hers more mostly due to her voice and how the music video has that real life and homey feeling because it's mostly her and her real life before the fame. Plus it rivals Elton John's original piece almost evenly.

Ellie Goulding - Explosions
"Explosions" along with a few other songs such as "I Need Your Love", "Anything Could Happen" and "I Need Your Love" all were presented magnificently not only thanks to Ellie's vocal pitch which sounded completely identical to the tracks from her albums but most of all the stunning visual display that I was gazing at which even beat my criticism to her original music videos. Whoever thought up or was in control of the visual display for the night... WELL DONE!

 
Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen
This is always a pleasure to listen to (even when it was played on the radio) thanks to how it really gets me going even if I'm stressed a little at work. The crowd was buzzing as were we when Ellie gave a little speech and asked everyone to dance a long too. Seeing that Tidal Wave on the display was animated beautifully and kept on flowing througout the long choruses and I couldn't take my eyes off it, like when she did the song "My Blood" even looked like a wonderful chesmitry colour fusion.

Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love
Despite listening to this song too much thanks to how the radio stations over time over play everything. When she performed this one, this really got the crowd below all jumping and screaming (probably due to it's popularity) but when that smokescreen effect bursted out of the stage in synchrony with the electric guitar moments (which was replacing the bass from the original track) that really made me jump first time and even I was amazed by how that little effect really turned my feelings around and reminded me just how good that song really was, like I was listening to it again for the first time. Too bad I didn't record more of the track...

Ellie Goulding - Lights
This was a real interactive moment that everyone took part in when Ellie asked everyone to shine lights from their phones up high as she played her song which signifies the exact moment that shined blissfully almost everywhere. Even the screen display was sharp and quite 3D looking as red lines came forward slowly almost like slashes which was a interesting effect for such a deep song.

So as the night ended after she played 19 songs, she came back on for 2 more songs including the record famous "Burn" which helped award her during the BRIT Awards 2014, I'm glad she won many awards including "Best Female Artist" she really deserved it thanks to her talents. So to end the night, she performed that amazing song that's become so popular and there was even confetti raining from the sky during the final chorus and the display was like watching one of those fire displays. I ended up recording the song in 3 parts due to tired arms haha.

 Ellie Goulding - Burn (Encore) Part 1
Ellie Goulding - Burn (Encore) Part 2

Ellie Goulding - Burn (Encore) Part 3


Ellie's outfits looked a little alluring and I saw on a review website that she was heavily criticised for her outfit choice as if it was too much or a try hard effort. I don't see how because she was having as much fun dancing and singing on stage and feeling the pleasure from everyone in that arena. She looked gorgeous and I liked her long blond hair too. I even heard something new "Tessellate" which I hadn't heard at the time and her live performance certainly encouraged me by the end to look for it on iTunes.



So overall this was a real 10/10 performance and she really gave it her all and had so much fun being humble and honest inbetween songs. I couldn't have picked 2 better companions to have shared that wonderful night with.
Can't believe I'm seeing Eminem tomorrow then Stan Lee on the weekend! Hang on for 2 more incredible upcoming stories, everyone. Have an amazing weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment